J‑PAL South Asia
J-PAL South Asia, based at the Institute for Financial Management and Research in India, leads J-PAL’s work in the South Asia region. J-PAL South Asia conducts randomized evaluations, builds partnerships for evidence-informed policymaking, and helps partners scale up effective programs.
We have a growing number of partnerships in Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. In 2011, we were selected to host the South Asia Center for CLEAR, a global initiative coordinated by the World Bank’s Independent Evaluation Group. Under this initiative, we host a knowledge sharing roundtable series and equip practitioners with the expertise to carry out rigorous evaluations through training courses, advisory services, and joint research projects.
Applications to J-PAL South Asia's annual Executive Education course are now open. This five-day in-person training gives participants a thorough understanding of why and when researchers and policymakers might choose to conduct randomised evaluations and how randomised evaluations are designed in real-world settings.
Program implementers, evaluators, and donors convened in New Delhi to formally launch J-PAL’s gender sector in South Asia and discuss the current context and future priorities for the sector.
Researchers are working with the state government of Haryana to evaluate the impact of three programs aimed at increasing child immunization by building demand for vaccination: the use of small, non-financial incentives, tailored reminders, and leveraging village social networks.
The J-PAL/CLEAR South Asia Research for Impact Fellowship aims to equip young development researchers with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to design and implement randomized evaluations for assessing the effectiveness of social policies and programs.
There are 190 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 6 countries in South Asia.
Don't forget to apply to the Research for Impact Fellowship by 11:59 PM IST Sunday, August 18! Apply at… https://t.co/VM1nrBvUma
RT @JPAL: We might be biased, but we think working in communications at J-PAL is great! Check out this open opportunity at ou… https://t.co/...
RT @prashansa_25: @sandipz...
RT @JPAL: Lovemore Mawere completed the...
RT @JPAL: Providing voters with report cards on politicians’ performance in office increases vote-shares for better-performin… https://t.co/...
- Don't forget to apply to the Research for Impact Fellowship by 11:59 PM IST Sunday, August 18! Apply at https://j-p.al/rfi #ResearchForImpact #CapacityBuilding #ImpactEvaluation 1 day 14 hours ago.
- We are excited to announce our new #MicroMasters course—and first ever elective course—Political Economy and Economic Development! Taught by Abhijit Banerjee and Benjamin Olken, the course explores why and how political institutions affect economic development and applies key theories and empirical techniques to real-world examples ranging from voting and corruption to the role of the media. Class starts on Sept. 3rd—register today! https://j-p.al/14750x 5 days 13 hours ago.
- Are you enrolled in a PhD program at a university in India? Do you want to learn to design and implement randomized evaluations? J-PAL/CLEAR South Asia is accepting applications for the 2nd edition of the Research for Impact Fellowship. Applications are open until 11:59 PM IST, August 18. Learn more about what previous fellow have to say about the program here: https://j-p.al/rfi #ResearchForImpact #CapacityBuilding #ImpactEvaluation 1 week 1 day ago.
- Not in Boston? Not a problem! In this remote internship, the J-PAL data publication team seeks a current MA or PhD candidate to help us make RCT data even more accessible and more broadly used. Details here: https://j-p.al/hsq 1 week 3 days ago.
- Applications for J-PAL/CLEAR South Asia’s Research for Impact Fellowship are now open! The RFI Fellowship will equip young development researchers in India with the knowledge and skills to design and implement randomized evaluations for assessing the effectiveness of social policies and programs. Apply at https://j-p.al/rfi #ResearchForImpact #CapacityBuilding #ImpactEvaluation 1 week 5 days ago.