The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
At J-PAL, we often talk about the importance of using evidence to design and implement effective policies and programs, and many governments are working to make it a priority. But what does this look like in practice? How can we best support governments in finding and applying the evidence they need to make informed decisions?
Iqbal Dhaliwal is the new executive director of J-PAL, succeeding Rachel Glennerster, who has joined DFID as its chief economist. Earlier Iqbal was deputy executive director, and prior to that, founding director of J-PAL's policy group. Learn more about Iqbal's background and vision for J-PAL's future in our Q&A.
Although coverage rates and health outcomes are improving, many poor people around the world still do not benefit from essential health products. What factors limit the flow of products from the producer’s laboratory bench to the end users, and what can be done about it?
The UK Department for International Development (DFID) jointly awarded J-PAL and Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) a US$16 million grant to generate new research on effective policies to promote peace and good governance, reduce crime, and support communities recovering from conflict, including a project on earthquake resettlement in Nepal.
885 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 80 countries
Pleased to be partnering with .@AUC in Egypt to offer a "blended" online and in-person master's with our...
When govts decide to use #data and...
Increasing the use of data and evidence in real-world policy: https://t.co/03aYE7sSnn
Meet J-PAL's new Executive Director, @iqbaldhali: https://t.co/JgYBxOr5BN https://t.co/RsrYk9WlE9...
At J-PAL, we apply rigorous research and #innovation to answer critical questions in the fight against...
- Attention Spanish-speaking social innovators in Lima, Peru! J-PAL LAC, Innovations for Poverty Action, and Universidad Pacifico are hosting an introductory workshop on evaluation on March 8 and 9, 2018. Don't miss out on the opportunity to learn techniques used in evaluations and impact measurement of projects related to social innovation and CSR/sustainability for your organizations! More info at https://j-p.al/2Dzgyvq. 1 hour 33 min ago.
- Pleased to be partnering with AUC in Egypt to offer a "blended" online and in-person master's with our @MITxonedX MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy: http://www.aucegypt.edu/news/stories/auc-offers-first-blended-degree-region-pairs-mit 9 hours 46 min ago.
- Increasing the use of data and evidence in real-world policy: https://j-p.al/2rdcKua 23 hours 29 min ago.
- In 2017, more than 5,700 students enrolled in the inaugural Portuguese-language edition of our flagship online impact evaluation course, Evaluating Social Programs (Avaliação de Impacto de Programas e Políticas Sociais). What's next? Read our latest post: j-p.al/2EQQAjh 4 days 9 hours ago.
- New blog post: Using a massive open online course (MOOC) to build a culture of evidence in Brazil: j-p.al/2EQQAjh 5 days 1 hour ago.