The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
J-PAL’s newest research resource, A Practical Guide to Measuring Women's and Girls’ Empowerment in Impact Evaluations, gathers insights from the experiences of J-PAL affiliated researchers around the world and offers practical tips for how to measure women's and girls’ empowerment in impact evaluations.
Across a range of programs, interventions that successfully changed the calculus of costs and benefits of unprotected sexual activity and childbirth delayed pregnancy among adolescents. Some programs directly altered costs and benefits while others shifted perceptions of them.
What have we learned from randomized evaluations that policymakers, practitioners, and funders can use to improve social programs? J-PAL’s library of short briefs called Policy Insights highlight lessons emerging across multiple studies and the mechanisms that help explain the results.
Starting in the summer of 2018, ReACT Hub, an MIT initiative that designs and deploys new learning opportunities for displaced populations, will sponsor a cohort of refugees to join the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy, providing selected learners with access to scholarships for the five courses, remote work with paid internships, and in-person skill-building workshops.
912 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 80 countries
Who should collect survey data on #women's...
How can researchers studying women's empowerment develop locally tailored indicators? Our new Guide to Measuring Wo… https://t.co/g2tnInfVR2
RT @seema_econ: Instilling optimism and hope can help lift people out of poverty. It sounds starry-eyed, but there's something to i… ...
RT @poverty_action: At @...
New on the J-PAL blog this week - a Q&A with @adammosman of...
- How can you accurately measure women's empowerment? Should you rely on internationally standardized indicators, or locally tailored ones? Check out our newest research resource, a Practical Guide to Measuring Women's and Girls' Empowerment, for advice on this question & much more: j-p.al/guide7b964. 2 hours 20 min ago.
- Looking to build your skills in quantitative analysis and impact evaluation? Join us in Sao Paulo, Brazil August 13-16 for our Advanced Course in Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Methods for Impact Evaluation. The course will be taught in English. Seats are limited - enroll now! http://j-p.al/experi433e 3 days 20 hours ago.
- Interested in joining our team of education innovators? We're hiring a Research, Education, and Training Associate at MIT in Cambridge, MA - learn more and apply at http://j-p.al/resea15f93. Please share! 5 days 23 min ago.
- We're hiring at our head office in Cambridge, MA! Know a talented recent graduate with interest in communications (http://j-p.al/commu8a8c6) or research and training (http://j-p.al/resea15f93)? Please share! 1 week 5 days ago.
- Help us spread the word! We're looking for a Digital Communications Associate to join our team in Boston, and a Policy and Communications Associate to join our team in New Delhi. See these jobs and more at j-p.al/careers. 2 weeks 4 days ago.