The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
J-PAL’s Government Partnership Initiative shares insights on how governments are building a culture of using data and evidence in policymaking and about how J-PAL and other evidence-to-practice organizations can best support them in these efforts.
J-PAL affiliated professor Manisha Shah (University of California, Los Angeles) studies interventions that seek to slow the transmission of HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections. Learn more about her research and her experiences as a development economist, from conducting surveys in bars and brothels to learning to balance work with raising young children.
Can facilitating relationships between small- and medium-sized businesses help them grow? In Jiangxi Province, China, researchers conducted a randomized evaluation to study the impact of business relationships on firm performance. Monthly meetings among firms increased sales, profits, and other business outcomes, mainly by facilitating learning and partnership development.
At J-PAL, we often talk about the importance of using evidence to design and implement effective policies and programs, and many governments are working to make it a priority. But what does this look like in practice? How can we best support governments in finding and applying the evidence they need to make informed decisions?
898 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 80 countries
RT @JPAL_NA: How can we help students navigate the often challenging period after high school graduation & get them to successfu… ...
Interested in peace and recovery? @poverty_action is currently accepting EOIs for new research. Learn more:… https://t.co/...
See the second post in our series on J-PAL's Government Partnership Initiative where we discuss how to build a cult… https://t.co/k86Z7haL1E
RT @JPAL_NA: Our newly released policy publication outlines promising, evidence-based strategies to help students successfully m… https://...
@poverty_action's Peace & Recovery Program is looking to fund research focused on: reducing violence and promoting… https://t....
- Want to download data from 1,500 social science RCTs? Visit our advanced search page and click on the orange paper icon next to the RSS feed: j-p.al/2EtTyOJ 2 days 6 hours ago.
- Sign up now for tomorrow's webinar to learn about the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, & Development Policy! goo.gl/qxqycc 3 days 10 hours ago.
- How can we address publication bias with study registration? Read more on the J-PAL blog: j-p.al/2ELfjZI #ResearchTransparency 6 days 5 hours ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) shared their post. Sign up for our MicroMasters webinar - space is limited! 1 week 10 hours ago.
- Looking to advance your career? Curious about whether the MicroMasters in Data, Econ, and Development Policy is right for you? Join us for a live webinar next Tuesday, 2/20 at 10:00am ET to learn more about the program and ask your questions! Register now - and tag a friend below: https://j-p.al/2EtvDec. 1 week 1 day ago.