The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
Today we launch an expanded section of our website called Evidence to Policy, which explores how J-PAL affiliated researchers and staff, along with government and NGO partners, have drawn on evidence produced by randomized evaluations to inform policy changes around the world.
If many more women are elected to office, we don’t yet know what impacts such an influx might have on policy decisions and gender norms in US society. However, many J-PAL affiliated researchers have explored this question in India by taking advantage of a naturally occurring experimental design.
What role do policies that affect private sector firms play in closing the productivity gap between higher-income and lower-income countries, and what are the implications of firms’ policies on economic growth and worker welfare?
J-PAL’s newest research resource, A Practical Guide to Measuring Women's and Girls’ Empowerment in Impact Evaluations, gathers insights from the experiences of J-PAL affiliated researchers around the world and offers practical tips for how to measure women's and girls’ empowerment in impact evaluations.
927 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 81 countries
In #Peru, an evaluation with @MimpPeru...
In Bangladesh, #childmarriage is illegal, but in 2014 59% of women 20-24 were married before age 18. An evaluation… ...
Today is UN #InternationalHumanRightsDay. J-PAL affiliates' research covers a broad range of issues across equality…...
Women still have unequal access to land in many contexts. An evaluation with @RwandaGov found that a program that r… https://t.co/...
Attention education innovators! Join J-PAL, @Pratham_India, and...
- Are you one of the 119 credential holders of the J-PAL/MITx MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy? Applications are now open for MIT's new blended online and in-person full master's program! No prior degree or GRE test needed. Learn more at j-p.al/datae625c9. 3 days 3 hours ago.
- The latest in our Teaching at the Right Level webinar series from J-PAL and Pratham is coming up on Tuesday, Dec. 11. Learn how TaRL is adapted to new contexts - register now! https://j-p.al/teach02b4a 3 days 4 hours ago.
- Learners who earn a J-PAL/MITx online MicroMasters credential in Data, Economics, and Development Policy are now eligible to apply for @MITEcon's new blended online and in-person master's degree program! No GRE or GMAT tests needed. More details at https://j-p.al/datae625c9. 6 days 10 hours ago.
- Looking for a new job? Want to learn more about what it's like to work at a mission-driven organization fighting poverty in the United States? Join J-PAL North America staff for a jobs webinar this Friday at 4:00 PM ET. Register and see our full list of open positions: https://j-p.al/jpaln88686. 1 week 4 days ago.
- J-PAL's annual recruitment drive is *now open*! We're hiring for more than 100 positions at all levels in research, policy, training, and more. Learn more at https://j-p.al/recruit1a3. Come join us! 1 week 4 days ago.