J-PAL Europe, which is based at the Paris School of Economics, works to improve the effectiveness of social policies and programs across Europe and in French-speaking Africa. We do this by conducting randomized evaluations, sharing policy lessons, and building evaluation capacity.
This year J-PAL Europe, with the backing of Community Jameel, aims to tackle social inclusion by focusing on the barriers to inclusion, including education and immigration.
High quality instruction throughout primary school is widely believed to have a positive influence on student outcomes. In partnership with a non-profit organization in France, researchers are evaluating the impact of its science and technology teacher training program on the educational interests and academic achievement of affected students.
J-PAL Europe conducted a systematic literature review of impact evaluations measuring the effectiveness of job counseling programs for the long-term unemployed and those at risk in OECD countries. Read the review in French to learn about the evidence on job counseling or read the executive summary in English.
Marc Gurgand, J-PAL Europe Scientific Director, and Michael Rosholm (J-PAL, Aarhus University) edited a special edition of Labour Economics, one of the top economics journals in the field. This special edition is the result of a conference J-PAL Europe helped organize in September 2015.
There are 47 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 14 countries in Europe.
We're looking for a mid-career professional to join the J-PAL team at @MIT as a Training Manager, helping develop n… https://t.co/as87PhH1yn...
RT @OECD_Centre: Join us at the #...
Hot off the presses - can summer jobs for youth prevent crime and violence? New policy brief from @JPAL_NA: https://t.co/pW1Mcylhig (...
Are you a champion for #impacteval in your organization? Want to become one? Apply now for our flagship one-week Ex… https...
On the blog: @JPAL_NA's Todd Hall on bringing together policymakers and practitioners to shift cultural norms towar… https://t.co/...
- We're looking for a mid-career professional to join the J-PAL team at MIT as a Training Manager, helping develop new and creative ways to increase knowledge about impact evaluations. Know someone who would be a good fit? Please share widely! https://j-p.al/2m2oJpf 3 days 59 min ago.
- On the blog - check out J-PAL North America's Todd Hall on bringing together policymakers and practitioners to shift cultural norms toward evaluation: j-p.al/2IlAcK1. 1 week 1 day ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) shared their event. Join us on April 4 for our next Data, Decisions, Public Policy talk! Register at https://www.povertyactionlab.org/d2p2 to attend in person at MIT or watch live online. 1 week 3 days ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) added an event. In the next installment of our Data, Decisions, Public Policy (D2P2) lecture series, Elie Hassenfeld, Cofounder and Executive Director of Givewell, will deliver a talk entitled "Making Donor Dollars Count: GiveWell's Approach to Selecting Charities." As a nonprofit that conducts in-depth research to determine how much good a given program accomplishes per dollar spent, GiveWell is dedicated to identifying outstanding giving opportunities and publishing the full details of their analysis to help donors decide where to give. Elie will share examples of GiveWell's top charities, such as the Deworm the World Initiative and GiveDirectly, to illustrate how GiveWell's selection criteria are applied. He will also discuss strengths and weaknesses of their approach and plans for their future. 1 week 3 days ago.
- We're hiring! J-PAL Global at MIT is recruiting for a Training Associate, Research & Training Associate, Senior Policy Associate (Health), and Policy Manager (Health). See these jobs and more at j-p.al/2FicD73. 2 weeks 1 day ago.