J-PAL Europe s'emploie à améliorer l'efficacité de programmes sociaux menés en Europe et en Afrique francophone. Le bureau adapte les activités de J-PAL aux besoins et au contexte européens.
Many programs and policies across Europe aim to tackle social and economic exclusion of migrants and refugees, but there is little evidence suggesting which approaches work and which do not. J-PAL Europe recently released a white paper that reviews three key levers of social inclusion in the Europe context: education, skills for youth, and migrant inclusion. This paper lays the groundwork for a multi-year initiative to fund new research and share emerging lessons on effective social inclusion policies in the region.
Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) is an educational approach to help primary school students who have fallen behind to catch up by targeting instruction to their current learning level. J-PAL Europe and partner organizations are currently developing a pilot of this approach in Côte d’Ivoire.
Researchers conducted a randomized evaluation to test the impact of a general voter outreach effort on the political participation of immigrants relative to participation of non-immigrants. The canvassing treatment increased voter turnout of immigrants without affecting turnout of non-immigrants.
J-PAL Europe conducted a systematic literature review of impact evaluations measuring the effectiveness of job counseling programs for the long-term unemployed and those at risk in OECD countries. Read the review in French to learn about the evidence on job counseling or read the executive summary in English.
Il y a 51 évaluations aléatoires menées par nos professeurs affiliés dans 16 pays en Europe.
RT @JPAL_SA: At the #...
Last year, 1 in 5 women globally had an unmet need for contraceptives. How do gender dynamics affect this - and how… https://t.co/2bbRTzPlpC
RT @adathan: Check out this belated...
RT @EducateOrg: Educate! Monitoring & Evaluation Director, Meghan Mahoney (...
Our #education team is at...
- How can city governments use impact evaluations to inform policy decisions? Read our interview with Henry Fitts, Director of Innovation for the City of Rochester, New York: j-p.al/a8cd5. 3 days 18 hours ago.
- *Application closing in two weeks* Are you a development professional interested in understanding and measuring program impact? Join us in New Delhi from July 1-5 for the South Asia edition of Evaluating Social Programs, where you will gain a thorough understanding of randomized evaluations and receive step-by-step training on when and how to conduct an evaluation. Apply by April 30! https://j-p.al/sa-exec2019 3 days 23 hours ago.
- Today's the *last day* to apply for the 2019 US edition of Evaluating Social Programs, our five-day executive education course. Learn practical impact evaluation methods & apply learnings to your own programs - more at https://j-p.al/US-ExecEd-19 & sample agenda below. Join us! 1 week 22 hours ago.
- 1 in 10 people in the world today are illiterate. This program teaches people to read in as little as 50 days. 1 week 1 day ago.
- We're hiring in Cairo to expand our research and policy work to reduce poverty in the MENA region - lots of new projects being launched! See open research and finance positions at https://j-p.al/5c781. Please share, and tag others who may be interested! 1 week 3 days ago.