J-PAL Europe s'emploie à améliorer l'efficacité de programmes sociaux menés en Europe et en Afrique francophone. Le bureau adapte les activités de J-PAL aux besoins et au contexte européens.
Researchers evaluated the impact of a program aiming to develop the autonomy and decision-making skills of young people interested in starting a company or organization. They found that the program had positive impacts on the employment status, income, and overall confidence of the participants.
Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) is an educational approach to help primary school students who have fallen behind to catch up by targeting instruction to their current learning level. J-PAL Europe and partner organizations are currently developing a pilot of this approach in Côte d’Ivoire.
Researchers conducted a randomized evaluation to test the impact of a general voter outreach effort on the political participation of immigrants relative to participation of non-immigrants. The canvassing treatment increased voter turnout of immigrants without affecting turnout of non-immigrants.
J-PAL Europe conducted a systematic literature review of impact evaluations measuring the effectiveness of job counseling programs for the long-term unemployed and those at risk in OECD countries. Read the review in French to learn about the evidence on job counseling or read the executive summary in English.
Il y a 50 évaluations aléatoires menées par nos professeurs affiliés dans 15 pays en Europe.
Our name - the Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab - honors the late Abdul Latif Jameel, father of @MIT alumnus M… https://t.co/tlKJeTfYm3...
RT @seema_econ: This study was my first experience with...
Looking for a new challenge? Want to join a collaborative, learning-oriented environment? Join us tomorrow at 2pm E… https://t.co/yIyIM0wlg5
Interested in work that makes a difference? Join us *tomorrow,* Wednesday 12/12 at 2:00 PM ET for a webinar on open… https://t.co/H7E9P26QbE
RT @seema_econ: RA opportunity for econ/quantitative social science PhD students, for summer 2019 or next fall with...
- Our name - the Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab - honors the late Abdul Latif Jameel, father of @MIT alumnus Mohammed Abdul Latif Jameel. More in the new video from our partner Community Jameel: 👇👇👇 21 min 15 sec ago.
- Interested in work that makes a difference? Join us *tomorrow,* Wednesday 12/12 at 2:00 PM ET for a webinar on open positions at J-PAL. We'll talk about our day-to-day activities, work culture, and how to apply! Register at https://j-p.al/jpalg51dee. 20 hours 59 min ago.
- Are you one of the 119 credential holders of the J-PAL/MITx MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy? Applications are now open for MIT's new blended online and in-person full master's program! No prior degree or GRE test needed. Learn more at j-p.al/datae625c9. 4 days 19 hours ago.
- The latest in our Teaching at the Right Level webinar series from J-PAL and Pratham is coming up on Tuesday, Dec. 11. Learn how TaRL is adapted to new contexts - register now! https://j-p.al/teach02b4a 4 days 20 hours ago.
- Learners who earn a J-PAL/MITx online MicroMasters credential in Data, Economics, and Development Policy are now eligible to apply for @MITEcon's new blended online and in-person master's degree program! No GRE or GMAT tests needed. More details at https://j-p.al/datae625c9. 1 week 1 day ago.