J-PAL Africa and IPA Uganda are offering a five-day course on Evaluating Social Programs in Kampala, Uganda from August 6-10, 2018. The course will provide a thorough understanding of randomized evaluations and pragmatic step-by-step training on how to conduct an evaluation. Learn more and apply by June 22.
On September 26-27, J-PAL Africa and Pratham will host a conference in Johannesburg, South Africa on Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL), an evidence-informed approach to teaching basic skills that moulds classroom instruction to a child’s learning level. Learn more and apply to attend.
Electricity access and usage is growing in low- and middle-income countries, including South Africa. However, many households struggle to pay their monthly electricity bills, making it difficult for utilities to sustainably supply them with electricity. Can installing prepaid electricity meters improve revenue recovery?
J-PAL and MIT recently announced the launch of a full master’s degree program in Data, Economics, and Development Policy that combines online learning and one semester of residential instruction at MIT. The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation will be sponsoring scholarship opportunities for seven learners from sub-Saharan Africa to attend this program.
Il y a 275 évaluations aléatoires menées par nos professeurs affiliés dans 28 pays en Afrique.
A new way to measure women’s and girls’ empowerment in impact evaluations: https://t.co/A2eF408L3p
Job alert: Have a background in economics and interested in innovative educational approaches?Join our team as a Re… https://t.co/kiLeOZjWdy
Join us in Washington, DC next Wednesday, July 25 at @CGDev for a discussion of best practices in measuring...
Who should collect survey data on #women's...
How can researchers studying women's empowerment develop locally tailored indicators? Our new Guide to Measuring Wo… https://t.co/g2tnInfVR2
- Interested in helping communicate results of impact evaluations to policymakers and the public? Join our team as a Communications Fellow in Cambridge, MA. Learn more and apply at https://j-p.al/commu8a8c6. Please share! 5 days 12 hours ago.
- How can you accurately measure women's empowerment? Should you rely on internationally standardized indicators, or locally tailored ones? Check out our newest research resource, a Practical Guide to Measuring Women's and Girls' Empowerment, for advice on this question & much more: j-p.al/guide7b964. 6 days 12 hours ago.
- Looking to build your skills in quantitative analysis and impact evaluation? Join us in Sao Paulo, Brazil August 13-16 for our Advanced Course in Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Methods for Impact Evaluation. The course will be taught in English. Seats are limited - enroll now! http://j-p.al/experi433e 1 week 3 days ago.
- Interested in joining our team of education innovators? We're hiring a Research, Education, and Training Associate at MIT in Cambridge, MA - learn more and apply at http://j-p.al/resea15f93. Please share! 1 week 4 days ago.
- We're hiring at our head office in Cambridge, MA! Know a talented recent graduate with interest in communications (http://j-p.al/commu8a8c6) or research and training (http://j-p.al/resea15f93)? Please share! 2 weeks 5 days ago.