Electricity access and usage is growing in low- and middle-income countries, including South Africa. However, many households struggle to pay their monthly electricity bills, making it difficult for utilities to sustainably supply them with electricity. Can installing prepaid electricity meters improve revenue recovery?
J-PAL and MIT recently announced the launch of a full master’s degree program in Data, Economics, and Development Policy that combines online learning and one semester of residential instruction at MIT. The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation will be sponsoring scholarship opportunities for seven learners from sub-Saharan Africa to attend this program.
Il y a 277 évaluations aléatoires menées par nos professeurs affiliés dans 28 pays en Afrique.
.@JPAL_SA is hiring a Postdoc Fellow for the Cash Transfers for Child Health Initiative. To work with… https://t.co/e2iwjnZNA5
RT @JPAL_NA: .@JPAL_NA Scientific Director...
When children fall behind in basic reading and math skills, it can set them back for life. See how schools in Afric… https://t.co/jaY2q5BI64
Big thanks to J-PAL Environment & Energy chair Michael Greenstone for today's talk on estimating the real costs of… https://t.co/6E9pqTcBxk
Michael Greenstone of @UChiEnergy takes questions live now in today's...
- A Big Data Revolution in Assessing Climate Risk: Climate change is one of the greatest risks facing humanity. However, most of what we know about its economic impacts come from models that were developed before the modern empirical literature on climate impacts emerged. This literature has been made possible by recent advances in remote sensing, climate models, and computing power. Professor Michael Greenstone, will discuss his work with the Climate Impact Lab, a team of over 25 researchers who are combining climate science, econometrics, and big data analytics to quantify climate change risks. His talk will focus on the health and energy impacts of climate change and outline the Climate Impact Lab’s ongoing work. 4 days 21 hours ago.
- We're working with partners like Pratham Education Foundation, USAID - US Agency for International Development, & UNICEF to help governments across Africa and South Asia evaluate and scale up Teaching at the Right Level. What does TaRL look like in practice - and how do you know if it's right for your school? j-p.al/aneww7b604 5 days 20 hours ago.
- There's a lot of climate change data out there. How can we put it to use? Register now for "A Big Data Revolution in Assessing Climate Risk," this Thursday, 10/11 at 1pm ET with professor Michael Greenstone: https://j-p.al/datad40c07. 6 days 22 hours ago.
- Congratulations to J-PAL North America Scientific Director Amy Finkelstein for being named a 2018 MacArthur Foundation Fellow! https://www.macfound.org/fellows/1010/. Check out Amy's RCT research at https://j-p.al/evalu9b02e. 1 week 4 days ago.
- Our newest online course, Measuring Health Outcomes in Field Surveys, starts TODAY! Enroll for free and build your evaluation skills: https://www.edx.org/course/measuring-health-outcomes-in-field-surveys. Tag a friend or colleague who might be interested! 2 weeks 6 days ago.