J-PAL and MIT recently announced the launch of a full master’s degree program in Data, Economics, and Development Policy that combines online learning and one semester of residential instruction at MIT. The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation will be sponsoring scholarship opportunities for seven learners from sub-Saharan Africa to attend this program.
J-PAL Africa seeks a Senior Policy Associate/ Policy Manager who is a creative strategist, has an eye for opportunity, a dedication to quality, and a passion for helping people. We’re looking for someone who will play a critical role in holding high-level policy conversations, and creating and developing new policy projects. Do you have a strong background in economics, an understanding of randomised evaluations, and a passion to improve the lives of citizens across Africa? Apply by 22 January!
Laura Poswell, Executive Director of J-PAL Africa, participated on a panel at USAID’s Global Innovation Week, a multi-day event to showcase ways USAID is partnering with others to achieve the greatest impact. The panel shared their experiences generating evidence and pathways through which their results informed education programs and policies around the globe, with support from USAID.
USAID’s Development for Innovation Ventures (DIV) has announced Zambia’s Teaching at the Right Level (TARL) Programme as one of its 18 new investments. Among other partners, J-PAL, Pratham, Innovations for Poverty Action, and and UNICEF/Zambia will support the work hand in hand with the Zambian Ministry of General Education in rolling out TaRL to approximately 1,800 schools over the next three years in a rollout of TARL. Teaching at the Right Level has been proven to be effective by a series of randomized evaluations conducted by J-PAL affiliated professors.
Il y a 263 évaluations aléatoires menées par nos professeurs affiliés dans 28 pays en Afrique.
Increasing the use of data and evidence in real-world policy: https://t.co/03aYE7sSnn
Meet J-PAL's new Executive Director, @iqbaldhali: https://t.co/JgYBxOr5BN https://t.co/RsrYk9WlE9...
At J-PAL, we apply rigorous research and #innovation to answer critical questions in the fight against...
RT @MITxonedX: Have you heard? @AUC is now...
Need a lunchtime read? Check out this week's blog post on effective models for using #evidence to inform government… https://...
- Increasing the use of data and evidence in real-world policy: https://j-p.al/2rdcKua 13 hours 17 min ago.
- In 2017, more than 5,700 students enrolled in the inaugural Portuguese-language edition of our flagship online impact evaluation course, Evaluating Social Programs (Avaliação de Impacto de Programas e Políticas Sociais). What's next? Read our latest post: j-p.al/2EQQAjh 3 days 22 hours ago.
- New blog post: Using a massive open online course (MOOC) to build a culture of evidence in Brazil: j-p.al/2EQQAjh 4 days 14 hours ago.
- Our Government Partnership Initiative (GPI) supports governments in using #evidence to inform policy design and decisions. Read the latest from the GPI team: https://j-p.al/2rdcKua 5 days 22 hours ago.
- Meet J-PAL's new Executive Director: https://j-p.al/2DEcAP3 6 days 21 hours ago.