The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
The new Gender sector represents J-PAL’s commitment to further expand the base of policy-relevant evidence to reduce poverty and gender inequality. Chaired by Seema Jayachandran (Northwestern University), the Gender sector will examine a range of issues important to citizens, policymakers, and practitioners around the world.
At J-PAL, we often talk about the importance of using evidence to design and implement effective policies and programs, and many governments are working to make it a priority. But what does this look like in practice? How can we best support governments in finding and applying the evidence they need to make informed decisions?
Iqbal Dhaliwal is the new executive director of J-PAL, succeeding Rachel Glennerster, who has joined DFID as its chief economist. Earlier Iqbal was deputy executive director, and prior to that, founding director of J-PAL's policy group. Learn more about Iqbal's background and vision for J-PAL's future in our Q&A.
Although coverage rates and health outcomes are improving, many poor people around the world still do not benefit from essential health products. What factors limit the flow of products from the producer’s laboratory bench to the end users, and what can be done about it?
912 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 80 countries
Job alert: Have a background in economics and interested in innovative educational approaches?Join our team as a Re… https://t.co/kiLeOZjWdy
Join us in Washington, DC next Wednesday, July 25 at @CGDev for a discussion of best practices in measuring...
Who should collect survey data on #women's...
How can researchers studying women's empowerment develop locally tailored indicators? Our new Guide to Measuring Wo… https://t.co/g2tnInfVR2
RT @seema_econ: Instilling optimism and hope can help lift people out of poverty. It sounds starry-eyed, but there's something to i… ...
- Interested in helping communicate results of impact evaluations to policymakers and the public? Join our team as a Communications Fellow in Cambridge, MA. Learn more and apply at https://j-p.al/commu8a8c6. Please share! 7 hours 56 min ago.
- How can you accurately measure women's empowerment? Should you rely on internationally standardized indicators, or locally tailored ones? Check out our newest research resource, a Practical Guide to Measuring Women's and Girls' Empowerment, for advice on this question & much more: j-p.al/guide7b964. 1 day 8 hours ago.
- Looking to build your skills in quantitative analysis and impact evaluation? Join us in Sao Paulo, Brazil August 13-16 for our Advanced Course in Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Methods for Impact Evaluation. The course will be taught in English. Seats are limited - enroll now! http://j-p.al/experi433e 5 days 2 hours ago.
- Interested in joining our team of education innovators? We're hiring a Research, Education, and Training Associate at MIT in Cambridge, MA - learn more and apply at http://j-p.al/resea15f93. Please share! 6 days 6 hours ago.
- We're hiring at our head office in Cambridge, MA! Know a talented recent graduate with interest in communications (http://j-p.al/commu8a8c6) or research and training (http://j-p.al/resea15f93)? Please share! 2 weeks 2 hours ago.