The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
935 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 81 countries
What does it take to shift policy objectives from "schooling for all" to "learning for all"? See how the brand new… https://t.co/N21I9qplxe
RT @devex: Here's how big grants can pave the way to more investment....
RT @coimpactcollab: We’re thrilled to be providing our program partners with initial funding and encourage others to join or invest alo…...
RT @Philanthropy: The fund is among a recent series of "big bets" in which organizations or other donor collaboratives devote large s…...
With core support from @coimpactcollab, J-PAL and...
- Today we're honored to be recognized with Pratham Education Foundation as one of Co.impact's first grantees - enabling us and our partners to reach three million primary school students across Africa over the next five years. Learn more at j-p.al/coimpact-tarl. 1 day 23 hours ago.
- The Research, Education, and Training team at J-PAL is seeking qualified applicants for Research and Training Associate (https://j-p.al/resea2231a) and Senior Research and Training Associate (https://j-p.al/senio6a385). Help build out research resources, develop data analysis tools, and organize trainings for policymakers and staff - among many other projects! Based at MIT in Cambridge, MA. Apply by January 12 at the links above. 1 week 1 day ago.
- We're hiring! The Research, Education, and Training team at J-PAL is seeking qualified applicants for Research and Training Associate (https://j-p.al/resea2231a) and Senior Research and Training Associate (https://j-p.al/senio6a385). Help build out research resources, develop data analysis tools, review reference and teaching materials, and organize trainings for policymakers and staff - among many other projects! Based at MIT in Cambridge, MA. Apply by January 12 at the links above. 1 week 2 days ago.
- J-PAL South Asia is seeking qualified applicants for Policy Manager (https://j-p.al/policb2861) and Training Manager (https://j-p.al/train0d09a) to contribute to our mission of reducing poverty by ensuring policy is informed by scientific evidence. Help lead government partnerships and teach critical evaluation skills - apply now at the links above! 1 month 20 hours ago.
- The J-PAL Africa team, based at the University of Cape Town, is hiring a postdoc to support development of a research agenda on digital IDs and payments. Includes potential to co-author several papers - learn more & apply now: j-p.al/postd2b9bb. 1 month 1 day ago.
Rohini Pande is a professor of international political economy at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Co-Director of Evidence for Policy Design (EPoD), and Co-Chair of J-PAL’s Political Economy & Governance sector. She was recently named the 2018 recipient of the Carolyn Shaw Bell Award—a prize awarded annually to an individual who has furthered the status of women in economics.
1 week 1 day ago
I am often asked during the year “how are things at J-PAL?” My frank reply usually is “busy, but good busy!” As the new year begins, I’d like to share a few things that made 2018 “good busy” for J-PAL, and a few more that we’re excited about in 2019.
1 week 1 day ago
Despite large advances in school enrollment over the last decade, approximately 262 million children, adolescents, and youth between the ages of 6 and 17 are still out of school, according to UNESCO. In Latin America and elsewhere, school dropout is a key obstacle to universal school attendance: in the region, 15.5 percent of students dropped out during their time in primary school in 2016.
1 week 2 days ago
It’s easy to talk about increasing the use of evidence in policy—but what does it take to do this in practice? What are some first steps governments can take to build a culture of using data and...
1 month 6 days ago
A child who grows up in a low-income family is less likely to thrive in school,...
1 month 6 days ago