The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
The rapid growth in use of edtech has outpaced rigorous research on its effectiveness. To help understand how different technologies affect student learning, a new review paper examines evidence across several areas of education technology.
Travel with our team to India and Kenya to see first-hand how rigorous health research is conducted in the field. This free nine-week online course explores the fundamentals of field-based health research through immersive, documentary-style learning. Sign up by September 18.
In India, a biometrically authenticated payment system reduced corruption and substantially improved the delivery of government social assistance programs despite partial implementation.
Summer employment programs serve thousands of disadvantaged young people across the United States each year. A growing body of evidence, including a number of evaluations by several J-PAL affiliates, shows that these programs can lower violent crime rates among youth.
861 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 80 countries
RT @JPAL_NA: How much get out the vote mail is too much? Evidence from New Hampshire: https://t.co/32tSLlpHt2...
And in case you missed it, subscribe here! https://t.co/yetSfzVTmg https://t.co/bZeHovWTip
Check out new papers from J-PAL affiliated professors in our latest research newsletter: https://t.co/vGJkJKa1h4 https://t.co/db6XOBubkM
J-PAL Governance sector co-chair Rohini Pande talks trends in development econ with @dmckenzie001,...
J-PAL's South Asia office, @JPAL_SA, celebrates its 10th year! Abhijit Banerjee & Esther Duflo on lessons learned: https://t.co/...
- Check out new papers from J-PAL affiliated professors in our latest research newsletter: https://j-p.al/2gpSg9d - and ICYMI, subscribe here! https://www.povertyactionlab.org/subscribe 15 hours 5 min ago.
- J-PAL's South Asia office is starting its 10th year! J-PAL directors Abhijit Banerjee and Esther Duflo on what we've learned: http://www.livemint.com/Opinion/nYjG4JP2ve6YpeXkMb3AHJ/Pushing-evidencebased-policymaking-for-the-poor.html. 2 days 15 hours ago.
- More than 130 million girls were out of school in 2015. What can we do? Follow the evidence: j-p.al/2kHeYP4 #DayoftheGirl 1 week 2 days ago.
- Who enrolls in our online MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy? Meet Leena from Sudan, Kundan from India, and Diana from Romania: https://j-p.al/2xS1bbk @MITxonedX 2 weeks 3 days ago.
- So many people were interested in our in-person Executive Education training that we turned it into a free, open online course. The latest run of the course, "Evaluating Social Programs," starts this week. Enroll now! https://www.edx.org/course/evaluating-social-programs-mitx-jpal101x-6 2 weeks 4 days ago.