The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
Today we launch an expanded section of our website called Evidence to Policy, which explores how J-PAL affiliated researchers and staff, along with government and NGO partners, have drawn on evidence produced by randomized evaluations to inform policy changes around the world.
If many more women are elected to office, we don’t yet know what impacts such an influx might have on policy decisions and gender norms in US society. However, many J-PAL affiliated researchers have explored this question in India by taking advantage of a naturally occurring experimental design.
What role do policies that affect private sector firms play in closing the productivity gap between higher-income and lower-income countries, and what are the implications of firms’ policies on economic growth and worker welfare?
J-PAL’s newest research resource, A Practical Guide to Measuring Women's and Girls’ Empowerment in Impact Evaluations, gathers insights from the experiences of J-PAL affiliated researchers around the world and offers practical tips for how to measure women's and girls’ empowerment in impact evaluations.
924 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 81 countries
J-PAL Executive Director @iqbaldhali and Director Ben Olken of...
RT @EvidenceAction: Thanks to @...
Our Exec Director @iqbaldhali and Director Ben Olken of...
While sometimes evaluations directly help inform decisions to scale up effective programs, they also influence the… https://t.co/5jnyE4qh8G
This week, we launched a new Evidence to Policy resource that includes 17 case studies from our broad body of exper… https://t.co/I2IQukXrQV
- How can results from impact evaluations inform policy decisions? We just launched a new feature on our website, "Evidence to Policy," that outlines 6 key pathways to policy change. Read more on the J-PAL blog: https://j-p.al/ev2pol3610. 3 days 21 hours ago.
- Come work with us! We're hiring a Policy and Communications Associate to help guide our strategic communications and reach wider audiences with actionable research results, policy guidance and training programs. Apply now! https://j-p.al/polic52469. 1 week 2 hours ago.
- Job opening: J-PAL Policy and Communications Associate based at MIT, creating engaging policy briefs, outreach strategies, and multimedia to communicate technical research results to policy audiences. Apply at https://j-p.al/polic52469. Please share! 1 week 3 days ago.
- We're looking for talented graphic designers based in New Delhi to join our team, leading creation of infographics, data visualizations, policy briefs, and more! More details at https://j-p.al/graph58a73. Please share! 1 week 3 days ago.
- Interested in jobs at J-PAL? We post open positions weekly on our LinkedIn page! Follow us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/j-pal/. 1 week 4 days ago.