J‑PAL Latin America & the Caribbean
J-PAL Latin America & the Caribbean (LAC) is a research center that works alongside governments and NGOs in Latin America and the Caribbean to identify and promote the most effective programs and policies in the region. With the help of our research, training, and policy teams, our network of affiliated professors measure the impact of these programs and policies through randomized evaluations that become critical inputs for influencing public policy.
J-PAL LAC Scientific Director Francisco Gallego and coathors discuss their research on factors that may affect parents’ ability to monitor their children’s internet use.
Conoce la evidencia más reciente de programas de empleo juvenil y trabaja en el diseño de una evaluación de impacto de tu propio programa con el apoyo experto de J-PAL.
J-PAL affiliate Claudia Martinez A. and coauthors published a new paper, "Training and Capital for Microenterpreneurs in Chile," in the April issue of the American Economic Journal: Applied Economics. Martinez, along with co-authors Esteban Puentes and Jaime Ruiz- Tagle, evaluated the largest entrepreneurship program in Chile and found that it worked—but not as expected.
Drawing on many examples from the LAC region, J-PAL’s Government Partnership Initiative shares insights on how governments are building a culture of using data and evidence in policymaking and about how J-PAL and other evidence-to-practice organizations can best support them in these efforts.
There are 146 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 17 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean.
¿Sabes qué programas funcionan para mejorar el #EmpleoJuvenil? Descúbrelo en nuestro webinar gratuito el jueves 3 d… ...
¡Interesantes noticias! Ya puedes leer el artículo en @voxeu sobre el paper de investigación de nuestro Director Ci… https://t.co/75UQqfadsd...
RT @fundcolunga: #ColungaHUB...
Como afastar jovens do crime? Evidência mostra efeitos positivos de investimentos em educação e criação de oportuni… https://t.co/h68euEY5qA
Felicitamos a nuestra Profesora Afiliada, Claudia Martinez A., cuyo paper de investigación fue destacado por la… https://t.co/wYosBeH3zG
- Meet the four exceptional researchers who recently joined J-PAL's affiliate network: https://j-p.al/2Fa24Ot 1 day 13 hours ago.
- We're hiring a Policy and Research Associate to work with our Executive Director at our Global office in Boston. Know any talented recent grads? Please share! More info at j-p.al/2voy8OZ. 6 days 13 hours ago.
- Are you designing or implementing a youth employment program in Latin America? Learn how to use impact evaluations to test and improve program effectiveness in our new Spanish-language incubator course in Santiago: https://j-p.al/2v8L6Aw. 1 week 4 days ago.
- Ed tech competition, research on summer jobs and crime, and more. Catch up on the latest J-PAL newsletter: j-p.al/2HgyGcg 2 weeks 4 days ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) shared their live video. Starting now: GiveWell's Elie Hassenfeld on making donor dollars count - watch via Facebook Live below! 2 weeks 6 days ago.