J‑PAL Latin America & the Caribbean
J-PAL Latin America & the Caribbean (LAC), based at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, leads J-PAL’s work in the LAC region. J-PAL LAC conducts randomized evaluations, builds partnerships for evidence-informed policymaking, and helps partners scale up effective programs.
Our research team works with J-PAL's network of affiliated professors to measure the impact of social programs and policies in LAC. Through online and in-person courses, we train implementers, policymakers, donors, and advocates on how to generate and use rigorous evidence. Our policy team works to institutionalize this learning and disseminate research results to governments and other partners.
Actualmente es poco lo que se sabe en relación a qué políticas realmente funcionan para contrarrestar la problemática para la cual fueron implementadas.
Despite large advances in school enrollment over the last decade, approximately 262 million children, adolescents, and youth between the ages of 6 and 17 are still out of school, according to UNESCO. In Latin America and elsewhere, school dropout is a key obstacle to universal school attendance...
Norman Simon Rodriguez, a MicroMasters learner in Colombia, shares his experience taking the online courses and earning his full credential. Learn more about the skills you can learn through the five-course program.
There are 154 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 18 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Hoy en @EconomiaGV, nuestro director científico Francisco Gallego presenta su último estudio con nuestro profesor a… https://t.co/...
¿Estás planeando hacer una evaluación de impacto aleatorizada? 📝 Nuestros compañeros de @JPAL_NA desarrollaron el… https://t.co/Sjo09dtZE1...
RT @IE_UC: 📆Con su investigación "Approximating the Equilibrium Effects of Informed School Choice” el profesor del...
Hoy en el #InternationalYouthDay 🌎celebramos a las y los jóvenes de la región, recurso fundamental para el presente…...
Nuestro director científico Francisco Gallego presenta hoy en la 7th #EHClioLab de...
- Don't forget to apply to the Research for Impact Fellowship by 11:59 PM IST Sunday, August 18! Apply at https://j-p.al/rfi #ResearchForImpact #CapacityBuilding #ImpactEvaluation 1 day 14 hours ago.
- We are excited to announce our new #MicroMasters course—and first ever elective course—Political Economy and Economic Development! Taught by Abhijit Banerjee and Benjamin Olken, the course explores why and how political institutions affect economic development and applies key theories and empirical techniques to real-world examples ranging from voting and corruption to the role of the media. Class starts on Sept. 3rd—register today! https://j-p.al/14750x 5 days 13 hours ago.
- Are you enrolled in a PhD program at a university in India? Do you want to learn to design and implement randomized evaluations? J-PAL/CLEAR South Asia is accepting applications for the 2nd edition of the Research for Impact Fellowship. Applications are open until 11:59 PM IST, August 18. Learn more about what previous fellow have to say about the program here: https://j-p.al/rfi #ResearchForImpact #CapacityBuilding #ImpactEvaluation 1 week 1 day ago.
- Not in Boston? Not a problem! In this remote internship, the J-PAL data publication team seeks a current MA or PhD candidate to help us make RCT data even more accessible and more broadly used. Details here: https://j-p.al/hsq 1 week 3 days ago.
- Applications for J-PAL/CLEAR South Asia’s Research for Impact Fellowship are now open! The RFI Fellowship will equip young development researchers in India with the knowledge and skills to design and implement randomized evaluations for assessing the effectiveness of social policies and programs. Apply at https://j-p.al/rfi #ResearchForImpact #CapacityBuilding #ImpactEvaluation 1 week 5 days ago.