Home Page Panel
In November, J-PAL Director Abhijit Banerjee delivered a public lecture at the American University in Cairo as part of J-PAL’s broader efforts to engage policymakers in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Watch the full video and learn more about J-PAL's work in the region.
Interested in leading evidence-informed approaches to poverty reduction? Explore more than 130 open research, policy outreach, education, and training positions posted in J-PAL’s annual recruitment drive, open now through January 12, 2018.
In our interview with affiliate Michael Callen, he shares his current research on mobile salary payments in Afghanistan. “I am extremely excited about the potential for this project to assist the Afghan government in a core function—paying its employees—and also, in creating a foundation for greater financial inclusion.”
Researchers re-examined data from previous studies in Ghana, India, and Sri Lanka to better understand the impact of credit and cash grant variations on micro-enterprise profits. Their results suggest that the gender gap in micro-enterprise performance was not due to ability, but rather to women’s financial resources often being redirected to their husbands’ businesses.
885 evaluaciones en curso y terminados en 80 países
Pleased to be partnering with .@AUC in Egypt to offer a "blended" online and in-person master's with our...
When govts decide to use #data and...
Increasing the use of data and evidence in real-world policy: https://t.co/03aYE7sSnn
Meet J-PAL's new Executive Director, @iqbaldhali: https://t.co/JgYBxOr5BN https://t.co/RsrYk9WlE9...
At J-PAL, we apply rigorous research and #innovation to answer critical questions in the fight against...
- Attention Spanish-speaking social innovators in Lima, Peru! J-PAL LAC, Innovations for Poverty Action, and Universidad Pacifico are hosting an introductory workshop on evaluation on March 8 and 9, 2018. Don't miss out on the opportunity to learn techniques used in evaluations and impact measurement of projects related to social innovation and CSR/sustainability for your organizations! More info at https://j-p.al/2Dzgyvq. 1 hour 41 min ago.
- Pleased to be partnering with AUC in Egypt to offer a "blended" online and in-person master's with our @MITxonedX MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy: http://www.aucegypt.edu/news/stories/auc-offers-first-blended-degree-region-pairs-mit 9 hours 53 min ago.
- Increasing the use of data and evidence in real-world policy: https://j-p.al/2rdcKua 23 hours 37 min ago.
- In 2017, more than 5,700 students enrolled in the inaugural Portuguese-language edition of our flagship online impact evaluation course, Evaluating Social Programs (Avaliação de Impacto de Programas e Políticas Sociais). What's next? Read our latest post: j-p.al/2EQQAjh 4 days 9 hours ago.
- New blog post: Using a massive open online course (MOOC) to build a culture of evidence in Brazil: j-p.al/2EQQAjh 5 days 1 hour ago.