J-PAL Europa, que se basa en la Escuela de Economía de París, trabaja para mejorar la eficacia de los programas sociales en Europa y en África francófona. La oficina adapta las actividades básicas de J-PAL de investigación, políticas públicas, y capacitación al contexto europeo.
Researchers evaluated the impact of a program aiming to develop the autonomy and decision-making skills of young people interested in starting a company or organization. They found that the program had positive impacts on the employment status, income, and overall confidence of the participants.
Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) is an educational approach to help primary school students who have fallen behind to catch up by targeting instruction to their current learning level. J-PAL Europe and partner organizations are currently developing a pilot of this approach in Côte d’Ivoire.
Researchers conducted a randomized evaluation to test the impact of a general voter outreach effort on the political participation of immigrants relative to participation of non-immigrants. The canvassing treatment increased voter turnout of immigrants without affecting turnout of non-immigrants.
J-PAL Europe conducted a systematic literature review of impact evaluations measuring the effectiveness of job counseling programs for the long-term unemployed and those at risk in OECD countries. Read the review in French to learn about the evidence on job counseling or read the executive summary in English.
Existen 48 evaluaciones aleatorizadas, finalizadas o en curso, implementadas en 14 países de Europa.
Who should collect survey data on #women's...
How can researchers studying women's empowerment develop locally tailored indicators? Our new Guide to Measuring Wo… https://t.co/g2tnInfVR2
RT @seema_econ: Instilling optimism and hope can help lift people out of poverty. It sounds starry-eyed, but there's something to i… ...
RT @poverty_action: At @...
New on the J-PAL blog this week - a Q&A with @adammosman of...
- How can you accurately measure women's empowerment? Should you rely on internationally standardized indicators, or locally tailored ones? Check out our newest research resource, a Practical Guide to Measuring Women's and Girls' Empowerment, for advice on this question & much more: j-p.al/guide7b964. 3 hours 48 sec ago.
- Looking to build your skills in quantitative analysis and impact evaluation? Join us in Sao Paulo, Brazil August 13-16 for our Advanced Course in Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Methods for Impact Evaluation. The course will be taught in English. Seats are limited - enroll now! http://j-p.al/experi433e 3 days 21 hours ago.
- Interested in joining our team of education innovators? We're hiring a Research, Education, and Training Associate at MIT in Cambridge, MA - learn more and apply at http://j-p.al/resea15f93. Please share! 5 days 1 hour ago.
- We're hiring at our head office in Cambridge, MA! Know a talented recent graduate with interest in communications (http://j-p.al/commu8a8c6) or research and training (http://j-p.al/resea15f93)? Please share! 1 week 5 days ago.
- Help us spread the word! We're looking for a Digital Communications Associate to join our team in Boston, and a Policy and Communications Associate to join our team in New Delhi. See these jobs and more at j-p.al/careers. 2 weeks 4 days ago.