J-PAL Europa, que se basa en la Escuela de Economía de París, trabaja para mejorar la eficacia de los programas sociales en Europa y en África francófona. La oficina adapta las actividades básicas de J-PAL de investigación, políticas públicas, y capacitación al contexto europeo.
Researchers evaluated the impact of a program aiming to develop the autonomy and decision-making skills of young people interested in starting a company or organization. They found that the program had positive impacts on the employment status, income, and overall confidence of the participants.
Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) is an educational approach to help primary school students who have fallen behind to catch up by targeting instruction to their current learning level. J-PAL Europe and partner organizations are currently developing a pilot of this approach in Côte d’Ivoire.
Researchers conducted a randomized evaluation to test the impact of a general voter outreach effort on the political participation of immigrants relative to participation of non-immigrants. The canvassing treatment increased voter turnout of immigrants without affecting turnout of non-immigrants.
J-PAL Europe conducted a systematic literature review of impact evaluations measuring the effectiveness of job counseling programs for the long-term unemployed and those at risk in OECD countries. Read the review in French to learn about the evidence on job counseling or read the executive summary in English.
Existen 50 evaluaciones aleatorizadas, finalizadas o en curso, implementadas en 15 países de Europa.
Want to learn more about best practices for measuring #women and...
Interested in financial inclusion and women's #empowerment? Join us Tuesday, 10/23 at 10am ET for a webinar with… https://...
RT @JPAL_NA: A growing number of state + local government leaders are working to build rigorous evaluation into their policies a… https://...
Calling all French speakers interested in translating research into policy! J-PAL Europe is hiring a Policy Manager… https://t.co/mgYl8aib6p
RT @JPAL_NA: "State Governments are Working to Improve Lives by Leading with Evidence."
Check out a new blog post co-authored… https://t...
- Want to learn more about best practices for measuring women and girls' empowerment? Join us tomorrow (Tuesday) 10/23 at 10am EST for a live webinar with Innovations for Poverty Action & CGAP - Consultative Group to Assist the Poor: j-p.al/webin7e5fc. 3 hours 5 min ago.
- A Big Data Revolution in Assessing Climate Risk: Climate change is one of the greatest risks facing humanity. However, most of what we know about its economic impacts come from models that were developed before the modern empirical literature on climate impacts emerged. This literature has been made possible by recent advances in remote sensing, climate models, and computing power. Professor Michael Greenstone, will discuss his work with the Climate Impact Lab, a team of over 25 researchers who are combining climate science, econometrics, and big data analytics to quantify climate change risks. His talk will focus on the health and energy impacts of climate change and outline the Climate Impact Lab’s ongoing work. 1 week 4 days ago.
- We're working with partners like Pratham Education Foundation, USAID - US Agency for International Development, & UNICEF to help governments across Africa and South Asia evaluate and scale up Teaching at the Right Level. What does TaRL look like in practice - and how do you know if it's right for your school? j-p.al/aneww7b604 1 week 4 days ago.
- There's a lot of climate change data out there. How can we put it to use? Register now for "A Big Data Revolution in Assessing Climate Risk," this Thursday, 10/11 at 1pm ET with professor Michael Greenstone: https://j-p.al/datad40c07. 1 week 6 days ago.
- Congratulations to J-PAL North America Scientific Director Amy Finkelstein for being named a 2018 MacArthur Foundation Fellow! https://www.macfound.org/fellows/1010/. Check out Amy's RCT research at https://j-p.al/evalu9b02e. 2 weeks 3 days ago.