J-PAL África, con sede en la Universidad de Cape Town en Sudáfrica, apoya a los investigadores que realizan evaluaciones aleatorias en África, lleva a cabo capacitaciones para desarrollar la capacidad de comprender y ejecutar evaluaciones aleatorias y trabaja con los responsables políticos para ayudarles a aprovechar evidencia rigurosa para hacer las políticas más eficaces y ampliar los programas más prometedores.
On September 26-27, J-PAL Africa and Pratham will host a conference in Johannesburg, South Africa on Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL), an evidence-informed approach to teaching basic skills that moulds classroom instruction to a child’s learning level. Learn more and apply to attend.
Electricity access and usage is growing in low- and middle-income countries, including South Africa. However, many households struggle to pay their monthly electricity bills, making it difficult for utilities to sustainably supply them with electricity. Can installing prepaid electricity meters improve revenue recovery?
J-PAL and MIT recently announced the launch of a full master’s degree program in Data, Economics, and Development Policy that combines online learning and one semester of residential instruction at MIT. The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation will be sponsoring scholarship opportunities for seven learners from sub-Saharan Africa to attend this program.
Laura Poswell, Executive Director of J-PAL Africa, participated on a panel at USAID’s Global Innovation Week, a multi-day event to showcase ways USAID is partnering with others to achieve the greatest impact. The panel shared their experiences generating evidence and pathways through which their results informed education programs and policies around the globe, with support from USAID.
Existen 275 evaluaciones aleatorizadas, finalizadas o en curso, implementadas en 28 países de África.
Who should collect survey data on #women's...
How can researchers studying women's empowerment develop locally tailored indicators? Our new Guide to Measuring Wo… https://t.co/g2tnInfVR2
RT @seema_econ: Instilling optimism and hope can help lift people out of poverty. It sounds starry-eyed, but there's something to i… ...
RT @poverty_action: At @...
New on the J-PAL blog this week - a Q&A with @adammosman of...
- How can you accurately measure women's empowerment? Should you rely on internationally standardized indicators, or locally tailored ones? Check out our newest research resource, a Practical Guide to Measuring Women's and Girls' Empowerment, for advice on this question & much more: j-p.al/guide7b964. 3 hours 3 min ago.
- Looking to build your skills in quantitative analysis and impact evaluation? Join us in Sao Paulo, Brazil August 13-16 for our Advanced Course in Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Methods for Impact Evaluation. The course will be taught in English. Seats are limited - enroll now! http://j-p.al/experi433e 3 days 21 hours ago.
- Interested in joining our team of education innovators? We're hiring a Research, Education, and Training Associate at MIT in Cambridge, MA - learn more and apply at http://j-p.al/resea15f93. Please share! 5 days 1 hour ago.
- We're hiring at our head office in Cambridge, MA! Know a talented recent graduate with interest in communications (http://j-p.al/commu8a8c6) or research and training (http://j-p.al/resea15f93)? Please share! 1 week 5 days ago.
- Help us spread the word! We're looking for a Digital Communications Associate to join our team in Boston, and a Policy and Communications Associate to join our team in New Delhi. See these jobs and more at j-p.al/careers. 2 weeks 4 days ago.